Edelbrock is once again proud to present the 6th Annual Rev'ved Up 4 Kids Charity Car Show benefiting The Center For Learning Unlimited. The show will be held on Sunday, May 1, 2011 at Vic's Garage in Torrance from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Rev'ved Up 4 Kids Car Show began in 2006 under the leadership of Christi Edelbrock. Christi lead a group of five volunteers through the planning and "how to's" of the very first event that was attended by over a thousand people with more than 200 cars! The ultimate goal of the Rev'ved Up 4 Kids car show is to create greater awareness for Center For Learning Unlimited (CLU) and raise additional funds for future expansion nationally. The Center For Learning Unlimited combines a unique transdisciplinary approach to helping gifted kids with Autism, Aspergers Syndrome, Bipolar Disorder, ADD and ADHD by healing both the children and their respective families.
Since the first event, the car show community has marked their calendars for this very special event that continues to support children with learning disabilities. In recent years the show has grown to include live music, great food and over 400+ show cars. This show is a great way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon and help a good cause. Check out the photos and videos to see what it's all about.
Here are some of the exciting events, people and food we have planned for this special day
* Vic's Garage open to the public for one day only!
* Come walk thru manufacturer's row to see what's NEW in the automotive industry.
* Visit the food court! Come hungry, we have support from the San Gabriel region Boy Scouts, local BBQ, Hugo's Taco's, cold beer and more!
* LIVE BANDS all day! Come see the...
- Hot Rod Trio www.thehotrodtrio.com
- Michelle Ross Band www.soundclick.com/themichellerossband
* Kids Corner with face painting, Kids Choo ChooTrain, Clown's, balloon art and more!
* Look for extra special cars at this years show, collections from Hot Wheels and StarCars.
* The Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge is back! Come watch as kids from local high school auto shops compete against the clock tearing down and rebuilding a small Chevy.
* Come see Vic's 600 HP E-Force Supercharged 57Chevy built by the students from Ohio Technical College.
* Come by the Edelbrock trailer, see Vic and Christi, get an autographed poster and hat, for a donation of course!
* SHOP! New clothing and gear from Edelbrock "The Shop"
* Alan Taylor LIVE! Motor Trend, Hot Rod and Street Rodder Radio.